Match Deposit and Free Spins Promotions
Match deposits with free spins are one of the most common promotional tools used by the online gaming industry today in order to attract new players. This double whammy of freebies is very hard to refuse and many players take the casinos up on their offers with little hesitation. However, other gamers may be more reluctant to opt in as they think it might all be too good to be true. The good news is, if the bonuses are used correctly, all players have a very reasonable chance of winning some cash from these tempting deals.
What Is a Match Promo and Free Spins Bonus?
Often called a welcome package, match bonuses and a number of spins make up a series of incentives offered to new players when they register at a casino. These deals may also be given to regular patrons as part of a loyalty programme.
Match Deposit: with this incentive the casino adds any amount from 25% up to 200% to your initial deposit. If the match percentage were 100% and you deposited $40 then you'd have $80 to play with. Oftentimes, you'll be awarded another match amount on your second, third or even fourth deposit.
Free Spins are often tied in with match up bonuses. As well as a percentage of your deposit you'll also receive 10 to 100 free slot credits. In most of these bonuses, the spins can only be used on slots selected by the casino and are usually of a low denomination - $0.10 or $0.20. The spins may be rewarded in batches over a few days.
Casino Terms and Conditions
Different gaming platforms have different methods of giving match deposit bonuses, rewards, and spins, but all promotions come with their own set of rules and policies which can be found on the casino's website. These should be read carefully before you commit your cash to any offer. To avoid misunderstandings and disappointment always check the following:
- If the offer is for new players only, returning players or everybody
- If the bonus is given automatically or if you need to activate a special bonus code
- If you have a limited timeframe to use the offer once you've signed up
- What the wagering requirements are (they typically range from x25 to x70) and if they include just the bonus or your own funds plus the bonus
- Which games (usually slots) contribute most towards the playthrough requirements and if there are any restricted games
- What minimum deposit needed to avail of the promotion is
- If depositing via certain payment methods disqualify you from the offer
Can You Actually Win Real Cash?
Playing at any casino involves an element of risk and you can't win all of the time - otherwise, gaming sites would never financially survive. That said, if your luck is in and you adhere to the terms and conditions of the match and spins promotion you could indeed cash out some big bucks. Otherwise, at least you'll have had the opportunity to sample the casino's games and ambience, partly with their money, so taking advantage of match up promotions can certainly be worth your while.